The tasks a Designer, Chemical Engineer is expected to perform include:
• Designing and planning lay-out and supervising installation of chemical plants and equipment for manufacture of heavy and fine chemicals, paper pulps, cements rayon, oils,
soaps, coke, coke oven by-products etc.
• Preparing the project reports, selects processes based on techno economic study;
• Studying the working of existing plants, production processes, economics of costs etc.
• Conducting the research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes or to obtain additional information in commercial production possibilities
• Designing full size plant after determining kind of equipment required and ascertaining optimum conditions and other essential factors
• Estimating capital cost for installation of plant and cost of plant operation
• Co-ordinating activities of workers operating grinders, mixers, vats, stills, reactors, evaporators and other equipment to ensure efficient treatment of raw materials by chemicals, by
mechanical and others means