Aliases: Shuttering Carpenter, Woodworking Labour, Worker, Suthar
JOB DESCRIPTION 1
The tasks a Carpenter, Structural is expected to perform include:
Building, erecting and repairing wooden structures such as building frames, stage and studio fixtures, roofs, walls, wooden shingles, etc. using hand or power tools or both
Studying drawing on sample to understand type of structure or article to be made
Calculating quantity of timber required
Selecting timber to suit requirements
Marking timber to size using measuring tape, tri-square, scriber, etc.
Making wooden pieces to required sizes using chisels, drills planes, saws, etc.
Ensuring correctness of parts on frequent basis
Making necessary joints such as tenon and mortise, scraf, half-lap, etc.
Assembling parts and securing them in positions using screws, nails or dowel
Checking assembled structure with drawing or sample
Rectifying defects if any and finishing it as per specifications
- Local travelling is a part of this job role
- Part-time work and contractual jobs are available
- Work from home option is not available
Minimum 8 hours of work everyday
Self-employment is an option in this case working hour and working days will be flexible
Shift system maybe available
Is the job suitable for a candidate with special needs?
This job is suitable for candidates with One Leg (OL) and those who have Hearing Impaired (HH)
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING 3
Minimum – 5th standard pass or ITI (Carpentry)
KEY COMPETENCIES 1
- Proficient in using hand and power tools like saw, chisels, drills, etc.
- Knowledge of different quality and types of timber available
- Proficient in calculating quantity of timber required for a particular article
- Well-versed with different measuring tools like square, scribbers, measuring tape, etc.
- Knowledge of different methods of joints such as half lap, dove-tail, etc.
- Proficient in area volume calculations
- Knowledge of altering, repairing or replacing old structures
- Proficient in using sand paper to smoothen and polish surface
- Knowledge of fixing metal fittings to structure
- Well-versed with safety procedures to be followed on site
DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES 1
Knowledge of carving designs and polishing structures
Knowledge of sharpening tools
AVAILABLE SKILL TRAINING AND LEARNING INSTITUTES 4
- IL&FS Skills Development Corporation Limited across India
- L&T Construction Skill Training Institute across India
AVAILABLE SKILL TRAINING SCHEMES/SCHOLARSHIPS
SAMPLE OF TRAINING AND LEARNING COURSES
CAREER PROGRESSION PATH
Assistant Carpenter → Carpenter, Structural → Multi-skilling (Carpentry combined with Bar Bending and Masonry)
(*This field to open the relevant job title when clicked)
EXPECTED EARNINGS 5
- For freshers - ₹ 150 to ₹ 200 per day
- For candidates with 1-2 years of experience or more - ₹ 250 to ₹ 300 per day
(These figures are indicative and subject to change)
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE 1
Minimum 1-3 years of experience in this field
- Furniture manufacturing companies across India
- Construction sites across India
OCCUPATIONAL CODES AND STANDARDS
|NCO 2015||7115.0300||Carpenter, Structural|
|ISCO 2008||7115|| Carpenters and Joiners|
|NIC 2008||43309; 43900||Other building completion and finishing;Other specialized construction activities|
We hereby declare that utmost care has been taken to ensure that the content provided here is valid and relevant. Given the dynamic nature of the information, it may vary across organizations, institutes, cities, and states in India. The publisher, author, and printer will not be held liable or responsible for any discrepancy in the content. This content should be used for reference purpose only; it is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice or used for any commercial purposes.
The contact details and website links provided in the content may have changed from the time of creation till its printing/publication. The company names that have been cited are for example purpose only. The Directorate does not endorse any of the said organizations.