The tasks a Cutting Machine Operator (Confectionery) is expected to perform include:
• Operating machine for cutting candy into pieces or strips of desired shape and size
• Cutting slab of candy into sections, using knife
• Selecting cutting dies, mounted on shaft, according to specified width of cut and installing cutting discs in machine
• Starting machine and feeding candy to machine through sizing rollers for automatic formation, slicing, etc.
• Weighing random samples to ensure conformity of product with size and weight specifications
• Dusting candy with flour or starch to prevent sticking
• Cleaning machine and keeping place tidy